Position: Unit Manager/ Senior Nurse
Address: Maypole Grove, Birmingham: B14 4LP
Hours: Full time hours available
Shifts: 12-hour shifts over 7 days rota - nights only, to work rotational shifts to another Unit Manager
Hourly Rate: £20.09 per hour + £5,000 welcome bonus
About the Home
Located in Birmingham, Maypole Grove is a nursing care home for adults with complex needs. Each of our three 10-bed units includes a dining room, lounge and quiet area.
The units also have a fully accessible, relaxation bathroom. Bedrooms can be decorated to suit personal tastes, and each has an en-suite wet room.
Our beautiful garden is accessible to all, and includes raised flower beds for potting, a patio area for barbeques throughout the summer and space for socialising and hosting events. All service users have access to the sensory room, designed to develop a person’s senses through special lighting, music and objects.
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
About the role…
At the forefront of clinical care delivery, as registered nurse you will be responsible in providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living.
Nursing is all about person-centred care, meeting the needs of all individuals. It is important for an Exemplar nurse to be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude, person-centred care and develop strong relationships with service users and their families. We aim to make every day better for those in our care, by promoting independence and dignity throughout everyday life
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate.
- Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs.
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis.
- Positively promote the home.
- Participate in training of newly qualified nurses.
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge.
- Participate in supervision and training of new and existing staff.
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect.
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge.
You will be a registered nurse RMN/ RGN/ RNLD with a valid NMC PIN. You are a well organised individual with outstanding time management skills and are able to make decisions and work using your own initiative whilst working collaboratively within the nursing/care team.
Most importantly you are motivated by helping every individual, whether colleague or service user, to realise their full potential and be treated with dignity and respect, making every day better.
What do we offer…
You will receive the training you need as soon as you join Exemplar. Your first two days will be spent completing a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you’ll need before you start working in the home. As an Exemplar Nurse you will then receive training on a continuing basis to help you build your clinical skills.
Your prospects for career development with Exemplar will be second to none because we support, nurture and develop all our staff. We recognise talent and commitment and promote from within. Exemplar can support you on your chosen career path.
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid NMC membership – we’ll reimburse Nurses for the cost of renewing their Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration (NMC PIN) once they’ve been employed for 12 months
- Paid DBS check – we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme - Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Blue Light Card - colleagues are eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card and get discounts at 100's of retailers and restaurants
- fastPAYE - colleagues can access their earned wages from working additional hours before payday, via fastPAYE.
- Free RCNi membership – Registered Nurses have access to the RCNi Learning Platform
- My Exemplar app – colleagues have access to our My Exemplar app where you can share stories, say thank you and keep up-to-date with news from across the company
- Free uniform – all of our care home colleagues will receive a free uniform for the job
- Pension plan – after 3 months, colleagues are auto-enrolled into our NOW Pensions pension scheme where we’ll contribute an additional 3%
- Online Wellbeing Centre - colleagues can access online advice and videos around diet, exercise, finances and mental health, via our online Wellbeing Centre
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
For more information or an informal chat please call our Nurse Talent Specialist on 07951 794 598 or email email@example.com
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.