Position: Unit Manager - Days
Location: Blackmoor Croftlaure, B33 0PE
Hours: Full time shifts, Days and Weekends required
Salary: £20.05 per hour
About Exemplar Healthcare:
Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs. We support people living with neuro-disabilities, brain injuries, spinal injuries, stroke, mental ill-health, physical disabilities, learning disabilities and/or autism and complex dementia, in our complex needs care homes across England. We have over 37 homes across Yorkshire, the Midlands, North East and North West that provide a welcoming and supportive environment where people can feel at home, continue to do the things that they enjoy, and remain closer to family, friends and loved ones.
Our new complex needs care home, Blackmoor, has recently opened and provides specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs. The home will has 30 large bedrooms - each with an ensuite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It'll care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions. With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
About the Role:
Blackmoor wants highly motivated Senior RMN /RNLD or RGNs with a passion and desire to make a difference! We aim to deliver person centred and outcome focused care and strive to help those service users who are able to transition away from nursing care and back to community living. We are looking for a Senior Registered Nurse to join the team at Blackmoor as our Unit Manager. Being at the forefront of clinical care delivery you will be responsible in providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living. You will be empowered to really make a difference and the nursing home size means you have sufficient time in a day to make a real difference to the lives of those in your care. You will lead the nurse team during your shifts, conduct supervisions and appraisals with
your team, manage staffing levels and assist with staff training and development. complete and maintain good governance, review and update care plans and medication records, and You will ensure that your team, and the wider home,
complies with regulatory requirements and meets CQC standards.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free uniform
- Paid NMC membership – we’ll reimburse Nurses for the cost of renewing their Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration (NMC PIN) once they’ve been employed for 12 months.
- Free car parking
- Clinical Supervisions
- Paid enhanced DBS check - we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- Full paid induction
- Blue Light Card - colleagues are eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card and get discounts at 100's of retailers and restaurants.
- Lifestyle and retail discounts
- The Company Shop - colleagues can become a member of The Company Shop and purchase groceries, gardening and electrical items at a heavily discounted price.
- Pension plan – after 3 months, colleagues are auto-enrolled into our NOW Pensions pension scheme where we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme - Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme.
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RMN/RNLD/RGN and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work.
- Working alongside staff teams you will be a team player by coaching and mentoring junior staff, demonstrating outstanding communication skills with a positive and supportive attitude within a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist on 01977 630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care