Location: Otterburn, Birmingham, B14 6QX
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £10.06 Per Hour
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues , mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
Otterburn is a specialist care home in Birmingham for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. Otterburn complex needs care home specialises in supporting people living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities including Huntington’s disease, stroke and complex dementia.
As a health care team leader you will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-activity to meet the needs of our service users.
You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support your care team in carrying out their roles; from assisting with medication and personal hygiene, to supporting organised outings
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- Liaise with nurses, GPs and social workers to ensure service users are receiving the medical support required
- Review the care and support delivered in a daily basis
- Welcome and train new members of your care team
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar MyFirst Rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to *£1500 per referral
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care would be advantageous.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
To apply for this role you must have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations (unless medically exempt)
*Ts and Cs apply
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care