Job Role: Senior Physiotherapist
Care Home: Quarryfields
Location: Doncaster (DN4 8EP)
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Salary: £40,000 per year plus car allowance
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Quarryfields supports 25 adults living with a learning disability and/or autism, and who have complex care needs.
The service is made up a range of accommodations that meet the needs of our service users, including bungalows, houses and flats. Quarryfields also has a resident-run café called The Platform, which provides education and volunteering opportunities for service users.
Quarryfields is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Quarryfields's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-192294311
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording service user progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to Therapy Assistants, Activities Co-ordinators and HCAs
- Providing effective supervision and line-management of junior staff, including Therapy Assistants
- Attending MDT meetings and presenting clinical updates
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required.
We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist and HCPC registered. Ideally you will have some experience within the independent, however this is not essential, and experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous.
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod7@ExemplarHC.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care