Multi-site – Blackmoor (B330PE), Maypole Grove (B144LP) and Otterburn (B146QX)
Hours: Full Time
Salary Rate: £43,000-£45,000 dependent on experience
Exemplar homes provide services for men and women with complex conditions, who may have care needs due to physical disabilities, mental health, neurological or dementia conditions.
We are a nurse-led service but also employ a wider MDT to ensure our service users receive the best quality care.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and skilled Physiotherapist, who ideally has experience of working with people with a range of physiotherapy needs, which may include behaviours of concern.
This exciting and developing position will require travelling between our three Birmingham homes, assessing and developing programmes of care, and supervising and providing line management to Therapy Assistants.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording service user progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to Therapy Assistants, Activities Co-ordinators and HCAs
- Providing effective supervision and line-management of junior staff, including Therapy Assistants
- Attending MDT meetings and presenting clinical updates
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required.
We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist and HCPC registered. Ideally you will have some experience within the independent, however this is not essential, and experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar Rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee Assistance Program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Free car parking
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Comprehensive induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health, and to make ‘Every Day Better’.
If you would like to learn more about this position, or even arrange an informal visit to one of our homes, please contact Mark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exemplars Core Values:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care