Position: Senior Health Care Assistant
Care Home: Marmaduke
Location: Hull (HU3 3BH)
Contract type: Full time hours available
Shifts Available: Days
Rate: Up to £10.10 per hour depending on experience
CQC Rating: New Home (Not Yet Inspected)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Marmaduke supports 18 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and dementia. The home has two nine-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel, one of these is a specialist dementia unit.
Marmaduke opened in May 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new service, with a new team, and shape the culture and success of the home in its first year.
Already, the home has an average review rating of 4.6 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
To take a virtual tour of Marmaduke click here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNwAPDNdIg0
About the Role:
The Senior Care Assistant will assist the Registered Nurse and wider care team in the assessment and delivery of individualised, personalised care. You will be expected to lead a team of care colleagues and learners.
The Senior Care Assistant will contribute to ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements for quality and safety and meets CQC expectations.
You will be expected to demonstrate a good range of communication skills, displaying respect, dignity and compassion.
To learn more about being a Senior Care Assistant with Exemplar Health Care click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhTunNYaDrA
As a Senior Health Care Assistant, you’ll provide person-centred care to support our service users to maximise their independence and live their best life.
- You will hold a Level 3 (or equiv.) qualification in healthcare
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work
- Most importantly you are motivated by helping every individual, whether colleague or service user, to realise their full potential and be treated with dignity and respect
- You will be expected to demonstrate a
- Good range of communication skills, displaying respect, dignity and compassion
- As a more experienced member of the team you'll be able to motivate and lead others by being a positive role model and leading by example
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As a Senior Care Assistant, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including the Care Certificate
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships including the Trainee Nursing Associate programme
- ABC of Caring training programme
As a Senior Health Care Assistant, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Nursing Associate
- Central Services role
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Refer a friend scheme worth up to £1500
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630300 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod7@exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care