Senior Health Care Assistant
Location: Ripley, DE5 9SG
Hours: Full Time
Shifts:12-hour shifts, set days or nights available
Hourly rate: £11.06 per hour
About the role
As a senior health care assistant you will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users.
You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support your care team in carrying out their roles; from assisting with medication and personal hygiene, to supporting organised outings
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- Liaise with nurses, GPs and social workers to ensure service users are receiving the medical support required
- Review the care and support delivered in a daily basis
- Welcome and train new members of your care team
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care would be advantageous.
Career development at Exemplar Health
We’re committed to investing in our colleagues. The following programmes are available as and when you need them, blending elearning with more traditional programmes.
- Four day induction for new team members
- MAST training to refresh core competencies
- Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships
- Specialist clinical skills development
- Exemplar Health Care is embracing a new and exciting role for care colleagues to develop into a nurse support role with a Trainee Nurse Associate programme.
Rewarding your dedication
The reputation we’ve earned is all thanks to the talented and passionate people at the heart of Exemplar Health Care. And we’re always looking for new ways to say ‘thank you’ for the dedication, care and compassion that our teams show every single day. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Paid DBS
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Continuous professional development
- My FIRST Rewards – with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
About the home
Located in Codnor, Yarningdale is a specialist nursing home with two units called Wren and Robin, each with ten bedrooms. Yarningdale provides care for adults with complex needs including neuro-disabilities, brain injury, stroke, mental ill-health and dementia.
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do, and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.
Find out more and apply now
For further details on the role please read the ‘Job description’ or call our recruitment team on 01977 630830
When you’re ready to apply for the role, click on ‘Apply for this job’ to complete your application.
To apply for this role you must have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations (unless medically exempt)
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care