About Exemplar Health Care - Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs, arising from neuro-disability, brain injury, spinal injury, stroke, mental ill-health, physical disability, learning disability and/or autism and complex dementia. We have a portfolio of 37 homes across the UK with more new homes to follow. Our community-based homes and OneCare services provide person-centred care and rehabilitation that focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. We support people on their journey from being in hospital or living in a secure setting to community and independent living, as well as offering longer term support for people living with degenerative or life-limiting illnesses. Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that’s focused on their personal goals and outcomes.
About the role
- Providing high quality and timely business information to support the continued performance improvement and strategic decision-making of our growing business. The role is remote with expectations to travel to head office in Rotherham a couple of times a month.
- Preparation of timely, clear and relevant financial KPI’s for the monthly P&Ls using Excel and other software
- Detailed analysis of costs and revenue, producing specific KPIs to inform the business and help drive improved performance
- Production of other financial performance measures and reports to support and challenge the business;
- Support the budget preparation process with appropriate financial models and reports
- Work with the Finance and other teams to ensure new businesses are embedded into required reports
- Working with the wider team, responding to queries and carrying out further analysis on specific topics and projects
- Act as a business expert on data topics and Excel to help improve knowledge across the wider business
- Day to day management of Finance Analyst to ensure data and reports are produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage ad hoc requests from the Business for data and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. Including macros, pivot tables and advanced formulas
- Basic knowledge of SQL and willingness to develop knowledge further
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail
- Interest in and understanding of financial performance topics
- Team player with desire to learn and develop and introduce new technology and ideas to the business.
- A strong organiser able to multitask and prioritise
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Degree level qualification in finance or equivalent
- Understanding of care homes business models
There are lots of benefits of working with Exemplar Health Care.
- Access to my First rewards platform offering discounts on shopping, vouchers and more
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 counselling
- Career development and progression opportunities
- 25 day holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Pension plan
Exemplar’s Values – F.I.R.S.T
Fun: we encourage a fun environment for those who care and those cared for to promote good health and happiness
Integrity: we promote trust by leading through example, we will tell the truth, be honest and cat with transparency, always, no matter how difficult, we are loyal to those we care for n and work with
Responsive: we have a listening culture and when we hear something is needed we respond quickly, diligently, and always with a smile
Success: by always doing our best we aspire to be outstanding and seek to inspire others, we are driven to do our best and will strive to make every day better for all our people, we work towards a culture of continuous improvement individually, as a Home and as an organisation
Teamwork: we are kind, committed and always there for each other, we work together to support one another in all we do
Our aim is to provide every service user and their family with the highest possible standard of individualised care within a friendly, homely, and supportive environment where service users’ rights, privacy, choice, dignity, independence and fulfilment are upheld and respected. Our approach reflects the philosophy and principles of care where individuality, choice, dignity, and respect are all celebrated.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care