Position: Registered Nurse (RGN/RNLD/RMN)
Care Home: Longley Park View
Location: Sheffield (S5 7JZ)
Contract type: Full time and part time hours available
Shifts Available: Day and night shifts
Salary: Up to £36,116 pa (based on 38.5hrs pw) dependent on experience
CQC Rating: Good (27-Sep-17)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years’ experience of providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Longley Park View:
Longley Park View, part of Exemplar Health Care, is a specialist nursing home that supports adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We have 59 large bedrooms across four units, each with an en-suite wet room.
We encourage people to personalise their rooms so that it feels like home, whether that’s a full re-decoration or encouraging people to bring special items that are filled with fond memories.
The home also has communal dining and living space, as well as a sensory and therapy kitchen which provide a dedicated space for rehabilitation. We’ve found that this small group living provides a homely and supportive environment, which is more responsive to our Service User's needs.
Longley Park View is surrounded by a large landscaped garden, that’s been designed with accessibility in mind, and is ideal for parties, events and activities.
Longley Park View's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-111362998
To take a virtual tour of Longley Park View click here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/543594719
About the Role:
As an Exemplar Health Care Nurse, you’ll work with like-minded colleagues, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care for our residents.
Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home.
You’ll work in a close team and build good working relationships with the people you support – so you’ll be able to see the difference you make each and every day.
- You will be a Registered General Nurse/Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse/Registered Mental Health Nurse and will have a valid NMC pin
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values, maintaining independence and dignity to our service users
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality
- Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable, but are not essential
About Your Career:
We’re committed to investing in our colleagues.
As a Nurse at Exemplar Health Care, there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and progress in your career if you wish.
You’ll have free access to the RCNi Learning Platform to support your Continuing Professional Development, receive specialist skills development from our in-house Clinical Team and have the opportunity to attend our in-house leadership and management development programmes.
To learn about Dhanya's journey with Exemplar Health Care click here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/616931982
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check, we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check where required, so you don’t need to cover the cost
- Paid NMC membership after 12 months; we’ll reimburse you for the cost of renewing your Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration (PIN)
- Paid access to RCNi Learning Platform with eLearning to support you to meet CPD requirements for re-validation
- My FIRST Rewards, with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Employee Assistance Program with a 24hr helpline
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist Jane on 01977 630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care