Position: Registered Nurse - Bank (RGN/RNLD/RMN)
Care Home: Kingfisher View
Location: Castleford (WF10 2PY)
Contract type: Bank hours available
Shifts Available: Day and night shifts
Rate: £20.58 per Hour
CQC Rating: Good (04-Jun-21)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 37 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Kingfisher View:
Kingfisher View supports 12 adults living with high functional mental health needs or who’ve had an acquired brain injury.
The home has seven one and two-bedroom apartments which promote independence, as well as a communal games room and garden.
In this role, you’ll usually work with the same service users to ensure continuity of care. This means that you’ll see the difference you make each and every day.
Kingfisher View's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-6559138646
About the Role:
As an Exemplar Health Care Nurse, you’ll work with like-minded colleagues, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care for our residents.
Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home.
You’ll work in a close team and build good working relationships with the people you support – so you’ll be able to see the difference you make each and every day.
- You will be a Registered General Nurse/Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse/Registered Mental Health Nurse and will have a valid NMC pin
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values, maintaining independence and dignity to our service users
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality
- Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable, but are not essential
About Your Career:
Although the flexibility of being in a bank position might suit you now there are plenty of career opportunities with Exemplar Health Care for you to explore in the future.
To learn about Dhanya's journey with Exemplar Health Care click here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/616931982
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check – we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist on 01977 630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com