Position: Registered Nurse - Bank
Care Home: Cheshire Springs
Location: Chester Road, Ellesmere Port, Whitby, CH65 6RY
Hours: MUST be flexible - Day or night shifts available
Salary: £20.39 per hour
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 37 complex needs care homes in England. Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values
About the home:
Cheshire Springs is a specialist nursing care home in Ellesmere Port for adults living with a range of complex care needs. The home specialises in supporting people living with complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities. Our person-centred care focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. We support people on their rehabilitation journey from hospital or living in a secure setting, as well as caring for those with long term or degenerative illnesses. We provide excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better. We operate an in-house, multi-disciplinary model of care, which includes Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and access to a full behavioral support team. We provide active rehabilitation, community integration, and a high quality of supported living for those who reside with us. Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home. Our Nursing/Healthcare Assistant ratio is amongst some of the best in the UK, with this home’s average ratio being 5 Healthcare Assistants to each Nurse.
About the role:
As an Exemplar Health Care Nurse, you’ll work with like-minded colleagues, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care for our residents.
Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home.
You’ll work in a close team and build good working relationships with the people you support – so you’ll be able to see the difference you make each and every day.
- You will be a Registered General Nurse/Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse/Registered Mental Health Nurse and will have a valid NMC pin
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values, maintaining independence and dignity to our service users
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality
- Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable, but are not essential
Rewarding your dedication:
We have a unique rewards and benefits package, as well as robust Learning and Development and Health and Wellbeing Programmes, so whilst you’re busy caring for our residents, you can be assured that we’re caring for you. Here are just a few of the ways that we like to say thank you:
- Paid access to RCNi Learning Platform with eLearning to support you to meet CPD requirements for revalidation*
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - worth £120
- My FIRST Rewards - with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Paid DBS check
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do, and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist on 01977 630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.