Position: Registered Nurse - Bank Care Home: Blackmoor Location: Birmingham (B33 0PE) Contract type: Bank hours available Shifts Available: Flexible (Incl. weekends and evenings) Rate/Salary: £21.35 per hour CQC Rating: New Home (Not Yet Inspected)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 37 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Blackmoor is an Exemplar Health Care specialist nursinghome that supports adults living with complex and high acuity needs. Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support. Our Nurse-led team provides person-centred nursing care and rehabilitation that focuses on maximising independence and building everyday living skills. We aim to empower people to live fulfilled lives. The home has three small units which specialise in supporting adults living with brain injuries, neurological conditions including strokes, complex mental health needs, dementia and spinal injuries. We support people on their journey from being in hospital or living in a secure setting to community based living. We also offer longer term support for people living with degenerative or life limiting illnesses. Our home is at the heart of the local community which means that people can access holistic and specialist nursing care whilst remaining close to their loved ones.
As an Exemplar Health Care Nurse, you’ll work with like-minded colleagues, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care for our residents.
Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home.
You’ll work in a close team and build good working relationships with the people you support – so you’ll be able to see the difference you make each and every day.
- You will be a Registered Nurse and will have a valid NMC pin - You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users - You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values, maintaining independence and dignity to our service users - You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team - You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality - Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable, but are not essential
About Your Career:
Although the flexibility of being in a bank position might suit you now there are plenty of career opportunities with Exemplar Health Care for you to explore in the future.
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Nurse Talent Specialists on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts
- all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme
- all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
- after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check
- we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities
- there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.