Position: Registered Nurse
Home: Fairburn Vale
Location: Castleford: WF10 2PY
Hours: Part Time hours available
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, with the flexibility needed for days and nights
Hourly Rate: Up to £20.63ph (dependent on experience)
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues, mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
About the role
As an Exemplar Health Care Nurse, you’ll work with like-minded colleagues, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care for our residents. Our Nursing/Support Worker ratio is amongst some of the best in the UK.
Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home.
You’ll work in a close team and build good working relationships with the people you support – so you’ll be able to see the difference you make each and every day.
About the Home
Fairburn Vale is an Exemplar Health Care specialist nursing home that supports adults living with complex and high acuity needs. As a specialist care home, Fairburn Vale has an excellent track record of supporting adults with our high staffing levels allowing us to build trust and work at the pace of the individual, which leads to improved person-centred and longer-term outcomes. Fairburn Vale has 20 large bedrooms, each with an en-suite, across two units. With this small group living, we've found we're able to provide a homely and supportive environment that's more responsive to individual needs. The home also has communal dining and living spaces, a therapy kitchen, a physiotherapy room and a large accessible garden.
Career development at Exemplar Health
We’re committed to investing in our colleagues.
As a Nurse at Exemplar Health Care, there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and progress in your career if you wish.
You’ll have free access to the RCNi Learning Platform to support your Continuing Professional Development, receive specialist skills development from our in-house Clinical Team and have the opportunity to attend our in-house leadership and management development programmes.
Rewarding your dedication
We have a unique rewards and benefits package, as well as robust Learning and Development and Health and Wellbeing Programmes, so whilst you’re busy caring for our residents, you can be assured that we’re caring for you. Here are just a few of the ways that we like to say thank you:
- Paid NMC membership – we’ll reimburse Nurses for the cost of renewing their Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration (NMC PIN) once they’ve been employed for 12 months.
- Paid DBS check – we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme - Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Blue Light Card - colleagues are eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card and get discounts at 100's of retailers and restaraunts
- fastPAYE - colleagues can access their earned wages from working additional hours before payday, via fastPAYE.
- Free RCNi membership – Registered Nurses have access to the RCNi Learning Platform
- My Exemplar app – colleagues have access to our My Exemplar app where you can share stories, say thank you and keep up-to-date with news from across the company
- Free uniform – all of our care home colleagues will receive a free uniform for the job.
- Pension plan – after 3 months, colleagues are auto-enrolled into our NOW Pensions pension scheme where we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
- Online Wellbeing Centre - colleagues can access online advice and videos around diet, exercise, finances and mental health, via our online Wellbeing Centre
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do, and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist on 01977 630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com