Position: Registered Nurse
Location: Birmingham: B14 6QX
Hours: Full time and bank hours available
Shifts: 12 hr shifts to cover rotation of days/nights/evenings and weekends.
Hourly Rate: up to £20.50 per hour and up to £21.36 per hour for Bank
31ST OCTOBER - 10AM TO 2PM - Why not come along to our Halloween themed open day held at Otterburn where you will be able to have a look around, speak with staff. Interviews may be offered on the day.
About the role:
As an Exemplar Health Care Nurse, you’ll work with like-minded colleagues, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care for our residents. Our Nursing/Support Worker ratio is amongst some of the best in the UK, with this home’s average ratio being 4 Support Workers to every Nurse
Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home. You’ll work in a close team and build good working relationships with the people you support – so you’ll be able to see the difference you make each and every day.
- You will be a registered nurse (RNLD/ RMN/ RGN) and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
About the home:
Otterburn complex needs care home in Birmingham specialises in supporting adults living with dementia, complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities including Huntington’s disease and strokes. Our Nurse-led team has the skills and expertise to support people with complex needs including prolonged disorders of consciousness and behaviours of concern, and those who require tracheostomies, ventilators and PEG feeding tubes. We support people on their rehabilitation journey from hospital or living in a secure setting to community-based living. We also provide long term support for people living with degenerative or life-limiting illnesses. Otterburn rated “GOOD” with CQC. We provide a supportive environment at Otterburn. People get the specialist nursing care they need, and are able to stay closer to their loved ones. Otterburn has 30 large bedrooms, each with an en-suite, across three units. The home has communal dining and living spaces, a TV lounge and a large accessible garden.
Career development at Exemplar Health:
We’re committed to investing in our colleagues.
As a Nurse at Exemplar Health Care, there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and progress in your career if you wish.
You’ll have free access to the RCNi Learning Platform to support your Continuing Professional Development, receive specialist skills development from our in-house Clinical Team and have the opportunity to attend our in-house leadership and management development programmes.
Rewarding your dedication
We have a unique rewards and benefits package, as well as robust Learning and Development and Health and Wellbeing Programmes, so whilst you’re busy caring for our residents, you can be assured that we’re caring for you. Here are just a few of the ways that we like to say thank you:
- Paid access to RCNi Learning Platform with eLearning to support you to meet CPD requirements for revalidation*
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - worth £120
- My FIRST Rewards – with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Paid DBS check
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme - Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Blue Light Card - colleagues are eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card and get discounts at 100's of retailers and restaurants.
- Online Wellbeing Centre - colleagues can access online advice and videos around diet, exercise, finances and mental health, via our online Wellbeing Centre.
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do, and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.
Find out more and apply now
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist on 01977 630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care