About the company
Our mission at Exemplar is to make every day better for the people who live and work in our homes. Our community-based homes and OneCare services provide person-centred care and rehabilitation that focuses on maximizing independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. Our portfolio of 35 homes provide specialist nursing care and rehabilitation for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs with further homes due to open this year. This is an exciting time to join Exemplar where 95% of our homes are rated good or outstanding with CQC and where fun/integrity/responsive/success and team work are our key company values.
About the role
As the Registered Home Manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of our purpose built service called Blackmoor in the West Midlands. Blackmoor complex needs care home in Birmingham, West Midlands specialises in supporting 30 adults living with complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities including Huntington's disease and Parkinson's disease. As the Manager you will be supported by your Clinical Nurse Manager, your nurse qualified unit managers and the larger multiskilled team at Blackmoor - as well as your Regional Director and the back office support functions at Exemplar. As the Registered Home Manager you will oversee the success, the quality, the profit and loss, the community and local authority links and be given a great deal of autonomy to drive your team and push for continuous improvement daily. You will provide person centred and quality driven care and ensure that you make every day better for both the people who live in your home and the people who work there
- Previous experience managing a care home or service for people with learning disabilities or complex needs.
- Valid NMC Pin
- Commercially aware with evidenced results within the health care sector.
- Profit and Loss experience
- Hold a ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ CQC report or can show improvements in a service you are managing or turning around.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Can do and driven attitude; you are a leader who likes to lead by example with high-quality care
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Excellent bonus scheme.
- Excellent pension plan.
- Life assurance program.
- BUPA health care cover.
- Access to a qualified coach within the first 6 months of joining
- Paid NMC pin after 12 months - worth £120
- Outstanding career progression with opportunities over 34 care homes and within the central support teams
- Exemplar My First Rewards - retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Comprehensive induction program
- Access to salary sacrifice Electric Car scheme.
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care