Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Wyke, Bradford (BD12 8AA)
Contract type: Temporary 6 month Contract
Shifts Available: Various -(No Weekends)
Rate/Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum (pro rata)
CQC Rating: New Home (Not Yet Inspected)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Wykewood supports 40 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and dementia. The home has four ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel, one of the units is exclusively for those who identify as male.
Wykewood opened in June 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new service, with a new team, and shape the culture and success of the home in its first year.
The home’s Manager, Kim Payne, joins Wykewood from an outstanding-rated home. She hopes to bring this success to Wykewood
To take a virtual tour of Wykewood click here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9iphPmVsKQ
About the Role:
We operate an in-house, multi-disciplinary model of care, which includes Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and access to a full behavioural support team. We provide active rehabilitation, community integration, and a high quality of supported living for those who reside with us. Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home. Our Nursing/Healthcare Assistant ratio is amongst some of the best in the UK, with this home’s average ratio being 5 Healthcare Assistants to each Nurse.
Are you an experienced clinician who is highly motivated to lead a team that delivers the best possible care to service users with complex needs? Could you lead a service that makes every day better for service users and staff?
Do you want to join a supportive and forward thinking organisation who values its employees and is committed to providing the best possible care for its service users? We are looking for someone with drive and passion who wants to be part of a great team shaping the service from the beginning. Your strengths will lie in communication and leadership with demonstrative experience in change management.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Physiotherapist to work alongside an Occupational Therapist and Therapy Assistant. Together you will be developing personal centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro rehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential.
- HCPC registered.
- Experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 25 days holiday + stats
- CPD accredited leadership training
- Access to the apprenticeship levy for additional qualifications
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you then apply now ! or contact our friendly Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod2@Exemplarhc.com