Position: Office Manager
Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Wyke, Bradford (BD12 8AA)
Contract type: Permanent - Full Time
Shifts Available: Administrator Hours
Rate/Salary: £25,000 per annum
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 37 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Learn More about Exemplar Health Care here: https://www.exemplarhc.com/about-us/who-we-are
Wykewood supports 40 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and dementia. The home has four ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel, one of the units is exclusively for those who identify as male.
Wykewood opened in June 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new service, with a new team, and shape the culture and success of the home in its first year.
To learn more about Wykewood and take a virtual tour click here : https://www.exemplarhc.com/care-homes/wykewood
About the Role:
We are looking for an established Office Manager with previous experience in an office management role within an office environment and various experiences of finance functions. It would be advantageous if you have worked in a care/nursing home environment but it is not essential.
You will have an eye for detail, be very experienced in the use of computers (Microsoft Office) and be able to work quickly and efficiently, managing your workload according to the priority of the vacancies. The ability to work with various finance, HR and TAS systems will also be an advantage. You will also need to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
• Provide Administrative assistance and support to the homes and central departments
• Ensure Administration within Exemplar works to single best practice
• Provide advice and training to homes
• Ensure and maintain data protection of employee information at all times
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and Email
• Excellent communication skills
• Good analytical skills
• Good data processing skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Home in line with Company policies using computer and manual system
• Ensure administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including take and transcribe minutes of meetings are provided when required.
• Manage filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records.
• Distribute received company information as required
• Establish and maintain quality records.
• Ensure that business diaries are maintained, organise appointments and make travel arrangements.
• Secure service user and company property and premises.
• Ensure that all necessary budgetary and statistical information requested is supplied both timely and accurately.
• Monitor the response to telephone enquiries, respond to enquiries from Service Users and Visitors at Reception, and Re-direct enquiries where appropriate.
• Process admissions and discharges in a timely manner on the Caresys system
• Ensure letter required by home management are produced in a timely manner
• Maintain a professional environment at all times including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
• Support Home Manager with KPI dashboard review and investigate variances as required
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod2@ExemplarHC.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.