Position: Occupational Therapist and Therapy Team Lead
Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Wyke, Bradford (BD12 8AA)
Contract type: Permanent - full time hours available
Shifts Available: Mon – Fri (with flexibility to work occasional weekends if required)
Rate/Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
CQC Rating: New Home (not yet inspected)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 36 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Wykewood supports 40 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and dementia. The home has four very spacious, ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel, as well as various communal areas such as dedicated therapy rooms, multi-faith room, quiet lounges and the community Hub. All this is set in large and attractive, service-user-friendly gardens.
Wykewood opened in June 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new and developing service with a new team, and shape the culture and success of the home.
The home’s Manager, Kim Payne, joins Wykewood from an ‘Outstanding’ rated home, and she plans to bring this success to Wykewood.
To take a virtual tour of Wykewood click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9iphPmVsKQ
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Occupational Therapist to lead our therapy service. The team comprises a part-time Physiotherapist and three Activity Coordinator / Therapy Assistants, and the successful applicant will be supported to lead and develop the team, ensuring that all service users receive person-centred therapy and engagement that effectively meets their needs. Together, you will be developing person centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users.
Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist Nurses and Health Care Assistants, you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
• Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
• Management and supervision of the therapy team
• Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro rehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
• Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users, some of whom may have complex mental health conditions
• Monitoring, evaluating and recording service user progress, modifying treatment plans as required
• Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, ICBs and Social Services
• Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
• Working effectively as part of the wider home team to ensure a high quality service
• Delegation of therapy to Assistant Therapist, Activities Co-ordinators and Health Care Assistants
• Attend MDT meetings
• Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
• Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
We expect that you will be a qualified Occupational Therapist
At least 1 years’ post qualification experience, ideally within rehabilitation and/or healthcare
Experience of acquired brain injury, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
About Your Benefits*:
• 5.6 weeks holiday
• Exemplar Rewards – retail discounts and vouchers
• Employee Assistance Program – 24-hour helpline
• Pension plan
• Free car parking
• Free uniform
• Outstanding career progression
• Comprehensive induction program
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod1@Exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care