Position: Occupational Therapist
Care Home: Blackmoor
Location: B33 0PE
Contract type: Full time available
Shifts Available: Flexibility required
Rate/Salary: £30,000 per annum
CQC Rating: New Home (Not Yet Inspected)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
In this role, you’ll usually work in the same team and with the same service users to ensure continuity of care. This means that you’ll see the difference you make each and every day.
Blackmoor supports 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including neuro-disabilities, complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
The home has three ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. One of the units is exclusively for those who identify as male, and another for those who identify as female.
Blackmoor opened in September 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a brand new service, with a brand new team, and shape the culture and success of the home in its first year.
To take a virtual tour of Blackmoor click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGKH-LF3E9M
About the role:
We expect that you will be a qualified Occupational Therapist with at least 1-year post qualification experience, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential. Experience acquired brain injury, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
Occupational Therapist Key Duties:
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff
- Working as part of a team
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- 25 days holiday (plus stats 34 days)
- My FIRST Rewards, with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Paid DBS check, we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check where required, so you don’t need to cover the cost
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: POD1@exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care