Based: Marmaduke, Hull, HU3 (Marmaduke Street) and St Andrew’s Court, Hull HU3 (Wheeler Street)
Hours: Full Time- weekdays but flexibility required for occasional weekends
Do you want to be part of creating something special in Hull?
Our brand new care home is arguably one of the most fabulous homes in the area and supports up to 18 adults with complex needs. There is excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make every day better.The unique layout at Marmaduke means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Occupational therapist to support the therapy services in Marmaduke. Together, you will be developing personal centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro and cognitive rehabilitation, facilitating independence with skills for life) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Lead professional for the Activities service
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified Occupational Therapist
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience, ideally within rehabilitation and/or healthcare
- HCPC Registered
- Experience acquired brain injury, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care