Position: Nurse Associate
Care Home: Otterburn
Location: Birmingham (B14 6QX)
Contract type: 42 contracted hours available
Shifts Available: 12 hour shift including weekends
Rate/Salary: £14.42 per hour
CQC Rating: Good (14-Dec-21)
About the Role:
As an Exemplar Health Care Nursing Associate, you will work with like-minded colleagues, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care for our residents.
You will always be supported by an onsite nurse, and be handing over to a registered nurse at the end of your shift, so you can be assured the absolute best level of support as you embark on your nursing journey
- You will have already attained the qualification of Nursing Associate, or due to qualify in the next 6 weeks (this is not a Trainee position)
- You will be highly motivated and passionate about delivering high quality, compassionate care to our service users in line with our company values
- You will be keen to get involved in all of our Exemplar fun days & activities - from thrilling days out to Alton Towers to sunflower growing competitions
About Your Career:
As a Qualied Nurse Associate at Exemplar Health Care, there are many opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge, and progress in your career.
We have a strong commitment to provide support for Qualified Nursing Associates, we have a bespoke preceptorship programme designed and approved to support your continued development.
This bespoke preceptorship programme designed for Newly Qualified Nursing Associates will be completed over a 12 week period. This allows you to fully immerse yourself into learning all aspects of your new role, whilst having a nurse mentor to work alongside.
To learn about Dhanya's journey with Exemplar Health Care click here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/616931982
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid access to RCNi Learning Platform to support you to meet CPD requirements for revalidation*
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - worth £120
- Pension plan – after 3 months, colleagues are auto-enrolled into our NOW Pensions pension scheme where we’ll contribute an additional 3%
- fastPAYE - colleagues can access their earned wages from working additional hours before payday, via fastPAYE
- My FIRST Rewards – with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Blue Light Card - colleagues are eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card and get discounts at 100's of retailers and restaraunts.
- Mental Health First Aiders – each of our homes has a Mental Health First Aider who you can talk to about your mental health.
- Paid DBS check - we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- Free uniform – all of our care home colleagues will receive a free uniform for the job.
- Free car parking – you can park your car in provided spaces outside our homes, where available.
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 37 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Otterburn supports 30 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities. The home has three ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. Otterburn is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Otterburn's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-168465808
To take a virtual tour of Otterburn click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Zx9YaUlaw
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist, on 07951 794 598 for an informal chat or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org