- Job title: Marketing & Communications Officer
- Salary: up to £30,000 (dependent on experience)
- Hours: full-time, permanent
- Reports to: Head of Marketing, working closely with Head of Recruitment
- Location: office based, or remote working considered, must be willing to travel to offices in Leeds and Rotherham as well as our care homes across England
About the role
Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of specialist nursing care in England. We want our colleagues to be as outstanding as the care we provide. With increasing challenges in recruitment across the sector, we’re looking for someone who can help us to stand out from the crowd.
As a Marketing and Communications Officer with Exemplar Health Care, you’ll work across our Recruitment and Marketing Teams to support a range of recruitment marketing activities.
This is a brand-new role to support our recruitment and marketing efforts.
You’ll work closely with our Digital Recruitment Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing and Talent Acquisition Leads to coordinate and support activities such as:
- the production and printing of digital and printed marketing collateral
- recruitment open days
- local and national careers events
- offline recruitment advertising such as billboard, bus and radio advertising
- the development of blogs, case studies and content to support recruitment.
We’re looking for someone who’s got relevant experience in marketing, and who’s accountable, creative and proactive.
Exemplar Health Care is opening a number of new care homes over the coming years which makes it an exciting time to join us.
You’ll sit within our Marketing Team but work closely with our Recruitment Team and care homes to identify your day-to-day priorities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to our marketing and recruitment strategies
- communicate regularly with the Recruitment Team to understand our hiring needs and priorities
- work with our Marketing and Recruitment Teams to gain a better understanding of our target audiences for recruitment through stakeholder mapping and persona development
- identify the tactics and platforms that will be most effective in reaching a specified target audience
- lead on marketing activities, as relevant to the role, to support recruitment for a range of roles including care, nursing and support roles
- work as part of the Marketing Team to uphold our brand and promote us as an employer of choice, being an advocate for our brand across the organisation
- coordinate and facilitate recruitment open days in our care homes, briefing our Digital Recruitment Marketing Manager for support with digital promotion
- support and plan attendance at local and national careers events
- work with our in-house Designer to produce, maintain and update our digital and printed marketing collateral for recruitment
- identify new marketing collateral needed to enhance the attraction and recruitment process
- work with the Recruitment Team and Home Managers to review our job descriptions
- produce content, including blogs, case studies and videos, to showcase our career opportunities across online and offline channels including social, web and online profiles such as carehome.co.uk, Glassdoor and Indeed
- work with the wider Marketing Team to share content on our social media channels, in line with our content plan
- advise on, source and work with external agencies to promote key roles through offline advertising such as billboard, bus and radio advertising, working closely with our Digital Recruitment Marketing Manager to coordinate online and offline activities
- work as part of the wider Marketing Team to enhance our SEO efforts with a focus on recruitment
- work as part of the wider Marketing Team and our PR agency to identify opportunities in the local and national media to raise awareness of our career opportunities
- track, measure and report on campaign results.
Essential skills and knowledge required
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant experience in a marketing role.
- In-depth knowledge of branding, marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Relevant qualification or training e.g., digital marketing, media or communications.
- Evidence of continuing professional development to keep up to date with the latest best practice.
Marketing skills and knowledge
We’re looking for someone who has:
- excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, working in line with company writing style and brand guidelines
- the ability to create impactful and persuasive advertisements and copy
- the ability to communicate in a clear manner both verbally and in writing, for a range of audiences
- experience planning and delivering marketing campaigns, utilising a range of marketing channels
- good understanding of recruitment processes and candidate selection methods
- a creative eye for developing engaging content and collateral for a range of marketing channels
- experience updating website content via a CMS (we use Drupal 9)
- a proactive attitude to developing and sharing engaging and high performing content on social media
- the ability to write to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload
- experience working with external agencies.
Desirable but not necessary
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including InDesign and/or Illustrator.
Other skills and attributes
- Passion and enthusiasm for marketing, with a creative flair and can-do attitude.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Interest in the health and social care sector and/or recruitment.
- Excellent communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs.
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain ideas to colleagues.
- Time management skills and the ability to manage several projects at once.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver.
- Open to feedback and willing to negotiate.
- Willingness to learn, develop and keep up to date with marketing trends.
Please note - please apply by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and a short overview of a successful digital campaign you have run
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care