Naburn Walk, Whinmoor, Leeds LS14 2DA
Ravensdale is a specialist care home in Whinmoor, Leeds for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. The home specialises in supporting people ...
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our amazing organisation at one of our home in the Leeds area.
The role of maintenance technicican is to be a key member of the team for health & safety, general maintenance and repairs within the home.
As the maintenance person your key tasks will include:
- Carry out decorating and redecorating as directed
- Assist in emergency evacuations and fire drills & carry out weekly fire checks
- Pat testing of electrical equipment
- Liaise with external contractors
- Ensure smooth running of plant machinery and equipment, including gas, electric, oil, and water installation
- Complete maintenance checks identified in the maintenance manual and regulative checks
- Ensure health & safety of self, Service Users, staff and contractors/visitors
- Safe handling of equipment and chemicals
- Possess and maintain a valid driving licence
- Electrical, Plumbing and Joinery work
- Being available for emergency call outs
You will need to have excellent organisational and planning skills and be a good communicator. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as being part of the team.
For this role driving will be required so you must possess a full UK driving licence.
A 17th edition electrical certificate would be advantageous, or willing to work towards the qualification.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
What we offer in return:
5.6 weeks holiday.
Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
Free car parking.
Outstanding career progression.
Comprehensive induction program.
Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod5@Exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care