Care Home: Yarningdale
Location: Ripley (DE5 9SG)
Contract type: Bank
Shifts Available: Flexible
Rate/Salary: £ 11.40/h
CQC Rating: Good (12-Oct-21)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Yarningdale supports 20 adults living with complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities.
The home has two ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. Yarningdale also has an OneCare service which provides nursing care in a domestic environment, for those whose needs require they live alone.
Yarningdale is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Yarningdale's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-414350871
To take a virtual tour of Yarningdale click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNNlKuYA8KU
The role of maintenance is to be a key member of the team for health & safety, general maintenance and repairs within the home.
As the maintenance person your key tasks will include:
- Carry out decorating and redecorating as directed
- Assist in emergency evacuations and fire drills & carry out weekly fire checks
- Pat testing of electrical equipment
- Liaise with external contractors
- Ensure smooth running of plant machinery and equipment, including gas, electric, oil, and water installation
- Complete maintenance checks identified in the maintenance manual and regulative checks
- Ensure health & safety of self, Service Users, staff and contractors/visitors
- Safe handling of equipment and chemicals
- Possess and maintain a valid driving licence
- Electrical, Plumbing and Joinery work
- Being available for emergency call outs
- Role will mainly be driving service users and staff. Will require a full driving licence.
You will need to have excellent organisational and planning skills and be a good communicator. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as being part of the team.
For this role driving will be required so you must possess a full UK driving licence.
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod9@ExemplarHC.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care