Life Skills/ Activities Coordinator
Care Home: Marmaduke
Location: Marmaduke Street, HU3
Hourly Rate: £9.60 per hour
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Marmaduke supports 18 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and dementia. The home has two nine-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel, one of these is a specialist dementia unit.
In this role, you’ll usually work in the same team and with the same service users to ensure continuity of care. This means that you’ll see the difference you make each and every day.
Marmaduke opened in May 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new service, with a new team, and shape the culture and success of the home in its first year.
Already, the home has an average review rating of 4.6 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
To take a virtual tour of Marmaduke click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNwAPDNdIg0
Responsibilities of the role:
• Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
• Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
• Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
• Plan and organise monthly resident’s meetings
• Risk assess planned activities and venues with the Life Skills team
• Access appropriate transport
• Monitor and review Service Users participation
• Help to organise and plan fund raising events
• You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
• Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
• Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
• A full driving license is a MUST
• A strong knowledge of the local community
• Ideally we are looking for someone with an artist flair, whether that be in music or any of the other arts.
What we can offer you:
• 5.6 weeks’ holiday. (Pro rota)
• Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
• Outstanding career progression.
• Comprehensive 2-day induction program.
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If you are interested, please apply today!
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care