Our mission at Exemplar is to make every day better for the people who live and work in our homes. Our community-based homes and OneCare services provide person-centred care and rehabilitation that focuses on maximizing independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. Our portfolio of 38 homes provides specialist nursing care and rehabilitation for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs with further homes due to open this year. This is an exciting time to join Exemplar where 95% of our homes are rated good or outstanding with CQC and where fun/integrity/responsive/success and teamwork are our key company values.
About the role
This is an opportunity to join an established legal function reporting to the Legal Director.
The role will involve drafting and reviewing legal documents and providing accurate and timely legal advice in a variety of areas to the business including reviewing contracts, debt disputes. The candidate may be required to research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations and undertake research on regulations and case updates etc. The candidate will assist Legal Director with project work.
Salary £50,000 to £70,000 per annum depending on experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified solicitor with proven in house experience or come from a commercial law background.
- The role would perhaps suit a solicitor who is looking to learn from an experienced Legal Director in their first role or you may be a qualified solicitor in a larger in-house team looking to do something a bit different.
- It is likely that you will have at least 12 months’ experience, we will consider a qualified solicitor with a range of PQE.
- The role requires a solid understanding of the inner working of a business and how legal issues directly affect commercial decision making.
- Broad legal knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to manage risk effectively.
- Ability to evaluate options and provide sound practical solutions to stakeholders and non-legal personnel.
- A spirit of co-operation and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, use initiative and to work well under pressure / to deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and administrative ability.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- An understanding in all Microsoft office packages.
- Good Team player.
- Previous experience as an in-house lawyer in the healthcare sector.
- This is a permanent position and includes an option of hybrid working.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Excellent pension plan.
- Life assurance program.
- BUPA health care cover.
- Access to a qualified coach within the first 6 months of joining
- Outstanding career progression with opportunities over 38 care homes and within the central support teams
- Exemplar My First Rewards - retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Comprehensive induction program