Laundry Assistant - Evening role
Willowbeck, Sheffield: S4 8AR
Hours: 16 hour positions per week 17.30pm- 22.00pm
Days- Week 1 Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Week 2, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Hourly Rate: £10.09
About the Home
Willowbeck is a nurse-led home for adults with complex needs.
At Willowbeck, we build our care and activity plans around the person, not the condition. We support and encourage people to be happy, fulfilled and involved in their care. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify achievable goals and outcomes with our residents, their families and relevant professionals.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
Your tasks will include:
- Provide an in-house laundry system to the agreed standard
- Operate a Duty to Clean System
- Promote the good reputation of the home by providing an efficient laundry service and ensuring service users' clothing and bed linen are laundered and finished to an agreed standard
- Ensure an adequate supply of clean linen and ensure they are in a good state of repair at all times
- Any other ad-hoc tasks that may be required
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please apply on our website. If you have any questions contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod3@Exemplarhc.com