Position: Kitchen Assistant
Care Home: Pathways
Location: Sutton-in-Ashfield (NG17 4BR)
Contract type: Permanent - part time hours available
Shifts Available: Days Shifts
Rate/Salary: Up to £9.60 ph (£ pa based on 38.5hrs pw) dependent on experience
CQC Rating: Good (30-Dec-17)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Pathways supports eight young adults living with a learning disability and/or autism, and who have complex and high acuity needs.
The home has communal living and dining spaces, an activities hub and a large garden to promote social activities.
You’ll work in a small and close team, which means that you’ll be able to see the difference that you make each and every day.
Pathways is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has a review score of 5 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Pathways's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-134101958
About the Role:
- Preparing and cooking food in a safe manner
- Ensuring that all food is stored at appropriate temperatures in line with legislation
- Being aware of service user requirements and responding to comments regarding the menu
- Preparing and serving food
- Minimising and correctly disposing of waste
- Ensuring that any chemicals care correctly and safely stored
- You should hold a current food hygiene certificate to at least ‘food hygiene awareness’ level within 12 weeks of taking up the post
- You will be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels
- You will be a team player, able to work on your own initiative and also under supervision
- Have high personal hygiene standards
About Your Career:
There is plenty of opportunity for progression at Exemplar Health Care for the right candidate in both the catering role or other areas of the business.
About Your Benefits*:
- Free enhanced DBS check
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline
- Free car parking
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod8@ExemplarHC.com