Care Home: Ribble View
Location: Preston (PR1 4UD)
Contract type: Permanent - full time hours available
Shifts Available: Flexible (Incl. weekends and evenings)
Rate/Salary: Up to £10.06 per hour
CQC Rating: Good (06-Aug-21)
About Exemplar Health Care: About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Ribble View:
Ribble View supports 30 adults living with complex mental health needs and physical disabilities.
The home has three ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. In 2021, the home had a makeover and now has a smoothie bar, a café, a beauty salon and a pub.
Ribble View is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Ribble View's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-7860643190
To take a virtual tour of Ribble View click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5pTKCCdGhA
About the Role:
You will be responsible, as the Housekeeper, for a team of domestic assistant . The Housekeeper plays a vital role in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in our homes, ensuring that every room and living space is clean, tidy and maintained at all times.
A champion for hygiene and infection control within the home, you’ll have access to specialised equipment and materials to ensure you can create a welcoming, safe and comfortable environment for residents, as well as their friends and families.. This means that you are part of a team that make a difference each and every day .
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working as a Housekeeper, although the sector is not important. An eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection. If this sounds like you then what are you waiting for! - Hit the apply button now or contact our friendly recruitment team on 01977 630830 who will be more than happy to chat to,
As the Housekeeper our tasks will include:
- Supervising, motivating and organising domestic and laundry staff to achieve compliance with company standards, policies and procedures, and all relevant legislation and guidance including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Supervise the laundry area ensuring an efficient and smooth running system is set in place for the handling of service user's personal clothing and bed linen
- Attend heads of department meetings as required
- Check all relevant equipment and machinery to ensure it is in safe working order and train all appropriate personnel in its correct use
- Control the purchase, consumption and handling of all chemicals and products to ensure financial budgets are attained and all health and safety matters are fully complied with
- Minimise the risk of accidents and waste by effective training and supervision
- Complete all necessary documentation and administration to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Refer a friend scheme worth up to £1500
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Talent Specialists Lucy or Kerry on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod1@exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care