**Includes £300 Welcome Bonus**
Health Care Assistant - with experience in Mental Health/Challenging Behaviours and Complex Needs
Location: Cheshire Springs, Chester Road, Whitby, Ellesmere Port CH65 6RY
Hours: Full time and part time hours available - 12 hour shifts
Salary: Up to £9.85 per hour dependent of level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits*
Shifts: Flexibility for days and nights is required
Our new complex needs care home, Cheshire Springs will open in Spring 2022 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex care needs. Once completed, Cheshire Springs will have 20 large bedrooms - each with an en-suite wet room. It will provide a community-based living for adults living with acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries, stroke and complex physical disabilities and mental health conditions. The home will be surrounded by an easy-access sensory garden and include a communal hub, living and dining spaces for residents and their friends and family to socialise. And the communal hub space can be accessed and rented by local community groups.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of Health Care Assistants.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care.
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, and dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users.
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group.
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments.
- On occasion, welcome and train new members into your care team.
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
Our Health Care Assistants will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-actively to meet the needs of our service users.
You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar MyFirst Rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, Holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral*
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
To apply for this role you must have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations (unless medically exempt)
*Ts & Cs apply, pay refelects new April 2022 pay rates
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care