Position: Head Housekeeper
Care Home: Cheshire Springs
Location: Cheshire Springs, Chester Road, Whitby, Ellesmere Port CH65 6RY
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Shifts Available: Flexible (Incl. some weekends and evenings)
Rate: £10.06 ph
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About the Role:
You will be supervising the domestic team so supervisory experience is required, ideally in a care home, hotel or similar environment.
Your tasks will include:
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
- Supervising, motivating and organising domestic and laundry staff to achieve compliance with company standards, policies and procedures, and all relevant legislation and guidance including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Control the purchase, consumption and handling of all chemicals and products to ensure financial budgets are attained and all health and safety matters are fully complied with
- Minimise the risk of accidents and waste by effective training and supervision
- Complete all necessary documentation and administration to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Check all relevant equipment and machinery to ensure it is in safe working order and train all appropriate personnel in its correct use
- Supervise the laundry area ensuring an efficient and smooth running system is set in place for the handling of service user's personal clothing and bed linen
- Attend heads of department meetings as required
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important but you will understand COSHH
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
Here are just a few of the ways we like to say thank you.
- Refer a friend scheme - earn up to £1500
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Paid DBS check
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- fastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care