Position: Domestic Assistant - Bank Care Home: Scotia Heights Location: Stoke-on-Trent (ST6 4HA) Contract type: Bank Rate: £10.64 Per Hour CQC Rating: Good (11-Jan-22)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Scotia Heights:
Scotia Heights supports 60 adults living with complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
The home has six ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel.
Scotia Heights is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Last year, the home’s Clinical Nurse Manager won ‘The Good Nurse Award’ at the Great British Care Awards.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc - Assisting in the laundry where necessary - Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards - Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints - Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
- You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection - Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important
About Your Career:
There is plenty of opportunity for progression at Exemplar Health Care for the right candidate in both the domestic role or other areas of the business.
About Your Benefits*:
- 5.6 weeks holiday. - Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers. - Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline. - Pension plan. - Free car parking. - Free uniform. - Outstanding career progression. - Comprehensive 2 day induction program. - Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
- Fun - Integrity - Responsive - Success - Teamwork
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod3@ExemplarHC.com
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts
- all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme
- all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
- after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check
- we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities
- there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.