Position: Domestic Assistant
Care home: Meadowcroft
Contract type: Permanent, full-time (36 hours pw)
Shifts available: Day shifts
CQC rating: Good
As a Domestic Assistant at Meadowcroft, you’ll use your domestic skills and attention to detail to ensure that our home is clean, inviting and welcoming for everyone who lives, works and visits there.
This is a domestic role with a difference! It’s extremely rewarding to work at Meadowcroft, and the role offers stable and secure employment, with lots of opportunities to learn and develop, and great rewards and benefits.
If you want to make a real difference to the lives of others, and share our values of fun, integrity, responsive, success and team work, then we’re looking for you!
We can guarantee that whatever you put into the role, you’ll get so much more out of it.
About the role
First and foremost, our care home is people’s homes. In this role, you’ll put our service users at the heart of everything you do – whether that’s hoovering their bedrooms or polishing their photo frames.
As an active member of the Domestic Team, you’ll:
- carry out all daily and weekly cleaning routines, including dusting, mopping, polishing and vacuuming
- clean and tidy designated areas around the home including service user’s rooms, lounges, kitchens, bathrooms, kitchens and offices
- support with washing and drying laundry
- monitor the condition of equipment and the home, and report the necessary repairs
- safely use equipment such as vacuum cleaners and carpet shampoo machines, as required.
Download our job description to read more: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/1029914181/
About the home
Meadowcroft is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of specialist nursing care.
The home specialises in supporting adults living with complex mental health needs.
We support people to live their best lives by promoting independence, building life skills and engaging in the local community.
First and foremost, our Domestic Assistants live and breathe our values of fun, integrity, responsive, success and teamwork.
You don’t need to have any qualifications to apply for this role, but it may be useful to have a good standard of education such as a GCSE in English and maths.
Experience in a similar role (in any sector) is desirable, but if you match our values and have the right skills, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re also looking for candidates who:
- have a keen eye for detail, able to spot areas for improvement
- are caring, compassionate and kind
- know how to treat people with compassion, dignity and respect
- are excellent team players
- have a passion for working in social care.
Rewards and benefits
We offer great rewards and benefits including:
- paid DBS check
- lifestyle and retail discounts
- 24/7 counselling support line
- access wages early via fastP.A.Y.E
- Company Shop membership.
And that’s not all! Our service users are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day knowing that your role will have a significant impact on the lives of others.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career with excellent training, great career development opportunities and outstanding job satisfaction, please read the job description and then hit ‘apply’.