Location: Ferham House, Rotherham (S61 1AJ)
Contract type: Full time hours
Rate/Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading nationwide Private Health Care provider, where you will play an important role in the future of the business as we embark on a large scale growth plan over the next 5 years.
The Developments Manager role is an ideal opportunity for an experienced construction professional to join the existing developments team.
As Exemplar aims to open 8 - 10 care homes per year, this role will be vital to ensure the smooth acquisition, building and developments of new care homes to house complex care service users.
- Be an active member of the Commissioning Team, contributing to the development and delivery of the business plan.
- The post holder will contribute to the delivery of a variety of new build and refurbishment projects.
- Maintaining and updating project briefs, employer’s requirements and standard documentation.
- Mitigate risks to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget achieving value for money meeting the project milestones.
- Attending meetings with contractors, employer’s agents and external stakeholders to keep to update on progress of sites and take action to rectify any issues that may arise.
- Liaising and working closely with architects and local authorities on design specifications of the new builds
- Closely monitoring progress and quality on site, this will involve at least weekly visits to all “live” sites
Essential Skills and Experiences
- Educated to HND/degree level in a construction related discipline.
- Proven track record in delivering quality construction projects on time and within approved budgets.
- Knowledge of health, safety and risk management
- Demonstrable experience of risk management to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the required financial parameters and to the highest standard
Rewards and Benefits of working at Exemplar Health Care
Why work for us?
- First Rewards; a fantastic rewards and benefits platform with great savings to be made
- Career development opportunities with access to CPD accredited training
- Pension contributions
- Access to an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Paid for DBS check
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- BUPA private health insurance
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care