Care Home: Willowbeck
Location: Sheffield (S4 8AR)
Contract type: 40 hrs Permanent
Shifts Available: Day shifts including weekends
Rate/Salary: £10.61 per hour
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Willowbeck supports adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
The home has seven small units, each with its own specialism, including a mental health unit for those who identify as male, a unit for younger adults unit, and a unit for people with high functioning mental health.
Willowbeck has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
To take a virtual tour of Willowbeck click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYuaiGTn2U
About the Role:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints
- Be a qualified chef with a minimum of a relevant Level 2 qualification
- Hold an in-date Food Handling Certificate
- Have an understanding of our Service User's religious and dietary requirements
- Able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude
About Your Career:
There is plenty of opportunity for progression at Exemplar Health Care for the right candidate in both the catering role or other areas of the business.
About Your Benefits*:
- Free enhanced DBS check
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline
- Free car parking
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please apply on our website. If you have any question contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod3@ExemplarHC.com