Position: Clinical Nurse Manager
Location: Leeds, LS9 0BA
Salary: £45,000 per annum *dependent on experience
Working Hours: flexible 40 hours per week being supernumerary.
About the Home
Do you want to lead a team in a vibrant, fun, innovative environment where no 2 days are the same? Then read on!
Copperfield complex needs care home in Cross Green, Leeds, specialises in supporting adults living with complex mental health needs, dementia and neuro-disabilities. Copperfields has 30 large bedrooms, each with an en-suite, across three units. The home has communal dining and living spaces, an activities hub with pool table and a large garden.
Our Clinical Nurse Managers play a key part in the daily running of the Specialist Care Centre, working closely with the Registered Manager, ensuring that the Specialist Care Centre runs effectively and efficiently and that the care provided is of the highest quality. There will, of course, be times when you have to roll up your sleeves and deliver hands-on nursing and personal care but that’s the nature of the job, and it keeps your skills up to date.
About the Role ……
Your role will be to support the Registered Manager in the day to day activities in the Specialist Care Centre, so this means that you will be involved in:
- leading and managing a team of Unit Managers, Registered Nurses and care colleagues.
- Ensuring that the Care Team and Clinical Team in your home provide the highest standards of nursing care for our service users, which is person-centred and based on the latest evidence and best practice.
- Demonstrating that your practice is underpinned by clinical theory and based on a mix of therapeutic tools and intervention strategies.
- managing situations where service users display, or are at risk of displaying, behaviours of concern, and supporting colleagues in these situations.
- Carrying out pre-admission assessments for potential service users.
- Supporting service users to identify their needs and goals, and setting measurable outcomes and standards of care for each individual.
- Implementing and monitoring clinical documentation and ensuring that the team maintains high standards of record keeping and care planning.
- Developing and sustaining positive relationships with families, friends and visitors of service users.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with professionals, visiting the home, including regular communication with Care, Coordinators, Commissioners and other referral agents.
- Being the Practice Supervisor/Assessor (Mentor) for clinical colleagues.
- Ensuring that the correct accident and incident reporting procedures are followed in line with internal processes and policies.
- Maintaining good governance including care plan audits, medication audits and chart audits, ensuring that actions are followed through.
- Chairing local governance meetings and ensuring that detailed minutes and action plans are taken, stored and used to steer clinical development in the home.
- Implementing safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storing, administrating, recording and disposing of medication.
- Carrying out other duties, as required, which may include supporting people with their personal care or social activities.
Management responsibilities ……
In this role, you’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team by:
- Deputising for the Registered Manager in their absence.
- Providing advice and education to service users, colleagues and learners within the home, and recognising when they need additional support or training.
- Providing a visible presence in the home so that colleagues, service users and family members can ask questions, make suggestions and raise concerns - and responding appropriately and in a timely manner .
- Revalidation, appraisal, development, supervision and performance management of the Clinical Team.
- Assisting with the selection, interviewing and development of colleagues to ensure the right skills and experience mix to meet service user need.
- Contributing to the development, monitoring and review of clinical policies and procedures.
- Participating in the on-call system which supports the Nurse in Charge on duty in the event of emergency.
- Ensuring that the home maintains safe staffing levels, reporting any absences and arranging cover.
About you ….
Here are some of the characteristics that we look for in our Clinical Nurse Managers.
- You will be a registered nurse (RGN/ RMN/ RNLD) with a valid NMC PIN. have a thorough understanding of nursing care
- Demonstrate an excellent range of clinical skills
- Have a good knowledge and experience of the assessment, admission and discharge process, including care planning
- Be a good role model and be able to motivate, coach, teach and/or support other colleagues, including Registered Nurses
- Treat all colleagues, visitors and service users with dignity and respect
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have good working IT knowledge and digital skills
- Have detailed knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, and work within the Codes of Practice
- Have detailed knowledge of the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s ‘The Code’ and work within it at all times
- Comply with regulatory requirements for quality and safety and meet CQC standards.
- Working in a care home can sometimes be a challenging environment, so the ability to think on your feet and remain focused and calm in difficult situations is also important in this role.
What do we offer…
You will receive the training you need as soon as you join Exemplar. Your first four days will be spent completing a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you’ll need before you start working in the home. As an Exemplar Nurse you will then receive training on a continuing basis to help you build your clinical skills.
Your prospects for career development with Exemplar will be second to none because we support, nurture and develop all our staff. We recognise talent and commitment and promote from within. Exemplar can support you on your chosen career path.
Our benefits include:
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid NMC registration
- Paid DBS check
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme - Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
For further information on this role or for an informal chat please call our Nurse Talent Specialist on 01977 630830. Alternatively you can email: email@example.com