Position: Clinical Nurse Manager with a £1,500 welcome bonus*
Care Home: St. Andrew's Court
Location: Hull (HU3 5DE)
Contract type: Permanent - full time hours available
Shifts Available: Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
Rate: Up to £42,500 per annum Plus £5000 welcome Bonus
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 37 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About St. Andrew's Court:
St Andrew’s Court supports 18 adults living with neuro-disabilities, including Huntington’s disease, acquired brain injuries and Parkinson’s.
The home has two small units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel.
St Andrew’s Court also has an OneCare service which provides nursing care in a domestic environment, for those whose needs require they live alone.
St Andrew’s Court is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
About the Role:
As a Clinical Nurse Manager, you’ll play a key role in the daily running of your specialist care home.
You’ll work closely with the Registered Manager to ensure that the home runs effectively and efficiently, and that the care provided is of the highest quality.
As Clinical Nurse Manager, you’ll lead a team of Unit Managers, Registered Nurses and Health Care Assistants to ensure that we meet the medical, physical and emotional needs of our service users.
You’ll be responsible for providing strong leadership to drive continuous improvement and enhance the standard of daily living for the service users in your home.
There will be times when you have to roll up your sleeves and deliver hands-on nursing care, but that’s the nature of the job, and it keeps your skills up-to-date.
We’re looking for someone who is well organised, can work under their own initiative as well as part of a multidisciplinary team, and is up-to-date with current evidence-based clinical practice.
This is a great opportunity for a senior Registered Nurse who wants to progress into a management role.
If you’re interested in the role, read the job description and person specification to find out more. Then, click ‘Apply for this job’ to complete your application.
- You will be a Registered Nurse and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work.
- Working alongside staff teams you will be a team player by coaching and mentoring junior staff, demonstrating outstanding communication skills with a positive and supportive attitude within a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As a Clinical Nurse Manager, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
Our learning opportunities for Clinical Nurse Managers include:
- A bespoke induction including a corporate welcome induction and role-specific induction in your home
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- Free access to the RCNi Learning Platform to support your CPD
- Specialist skills development from our central Clinical Team
- In-house, CPD certificated leadership and management development programmes
- Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor training
- NHS Leadership Academy programmes.
As a Clinical Nurse Manager, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Head of Care
- Home Manager
- Central Services role e.g. Quality Manager.
View our career development journey here - https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/298549920/
About Your Benefits*:
- £1,500 welcome bonus
We know that happy colleagues make the best colleagues! Exemplar Health Care has a unique rewards and benefits package. So whilst you’re busy caring for our service users, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
- A generous welcome bonus for Registered Nurses
- Paid access to RCNi Learning Platform to support you to meet CPD requirements for revalidation
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - worth £120
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers
- fastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Paid DBS check
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Nurse Talent Specialists on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: NurseTalentSpecialist@exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care