We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Hylton Grange
When open, Hylton Grange will specialise in supporting adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
About the Role:
As a Catering Manager, you’ll lead the Catering Team in providing delicious, healthy and nutritious meals for our service users.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your cooking skills to make a real difference! One of our values is fun, and we expect our Catering Managers to get involved in all aspects of care home life. There’ll be lots of opportunities to use your creative flair to make tasty treats for activities, events and parties in the home.
The role is very hands on. As well as managing the day-to-day running of the kitchen, you’ll prepare, cook and serve food.
The people who live here may have complex dietary requirements due to their medical conditions. You’ll take the time to understand people’s likes, needs and choices, and develop suitable menus.
As a manager, you’ll ensure the team complies with food hygiene standards, complete the relevant checks and records, and control stock and purchases within an allocated budget.
This role has line management responsibility, in which you’ll ensure that your team is adequately inducted, trained and supported.
Being a Catering Manager is extremely rewarding. You’ll see the difference you make each and every day, which provides great job satisfaction.
If you’re looking for an exciting new catering role, read the job description and person specification to find out more.
- Be a qualified chef with a minimum of a relevant Level 3 qualification - Hold an in-date Food Handling Certificate - Have an understanding of our Service User's religious and dietary requirements - Have experience in leading kitchen staff in a healthcare setting - Polite & professional, with a positive attitude
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues.
As a Catering Manager, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes including:
- A bespoke induction - Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills - Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships
About Your Benefits*:
We know that happy colleagues make the best colleagues! Exemplar Health Care has a unique rewards and benefits package. So whilst you’re busy caring for our Service Users, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
Here are just a few of the ways we like to say thank you:
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers - Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service - Paid DBS check - Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes - fastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday - Blue Light Card access - Company Shop membership - Free uniform
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
- Fun - Integrity - Responsiveness - Success - Teamwork
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: email@example.com
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts
- all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme
- all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
- after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check
- we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities
- there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.