Position: Care Practitioner
Care Home: Havenmere
Location: Immingham (DN40 1JP)
Contract type: Full time and part time hours available
Shifts Available: Various ( weekends required)
Rate: Up to £11.00 ph dependent on experience
CQC Rating: Good (03-Apr-19)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Havenmere supports 38 adults living with complex and high acuity needs resulting from complex mental health conditions, neuro-disabilities, acquired brain injuries and spinal injuries.
The home has three 10-bed units, which provides a homely and welcoming feel, as well as a six-bed apartment and two one-bed apartments that promote independence.
Havenmere is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Havenmere's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-139283501
To take a virtual tour of Havenmere click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vBRm0Aipm8
About the Role:
The Care Practitioner will:
- Provide service users with the highest standard of basic care and support, in accordance with the Company's philosophy and policies and procedures on individualised care plan
- Ensure confidentiality regarding the service users and the home, at all times
- Promote the good reputation of the home at all times
- Build good relationships with service users under his/her direct care, and to provide daily care to help maintain and improve, where possible, independence, individuality, mobility, dignity and choice
- To assist service users to carry out activities of daily living
- To be the Named Care Practitioner to a number of clients and support other staff to fulfil their role as Primary and Associate Keyworkers to those named clients
- To ensure the security of service users' property and the Home’s property and premises. Report and hand in any lost property
- Carry out all such duties in such a way as to ensure the economic and safe use of resources and equipment
- Assist in the admission of new service users. Encourage new staff to be actively involved in the admission of new clients
As a Care Practitioner, you’ll provide person-centred care to support our service users to maximise their independence and live their best life.
- You will hold a NVQ Level 4 in Lead Practitioner in Adult Care or Level 3 qualification in healthcare, with willingness to work towards a NVQ level 4 in Lead Practitioner
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care
- You will be expected to demonstrate a good range of communication skills, displaying respect, dignity and compassion
- As an experienced and qualified member of the team you will be reporting the registered nurse in charge, and will lead the care team by role modelling and leading by example
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As a Care Practitioner, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including basic clinical intervention skills and the Care Certificate
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships including the Trainee Nursing Associate programme
- ABC of Caring training programme
- CPD accredited leadership programmes
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod7@ExemplarHC.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care