Position: Care Assistant
Care Home: Greenside Court
Location: Greaseborough, Rotherham (S61 4PT)
Contract type: Full time and part time hours available
Shifts Available: Day and night shifts available
Rate: Up to £9.85 ph dependent on experience
CQC Rating: Outstanding (11-Feb-20)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Greenside Court:
Greenside Court supports 22 adults living with physical disabilities and complex mental health needs.
The home has two ten-bed units, which give it a homely and welcoming feel, and a One Care service which provides nursing care in a domestic environment, for those whose needs require they live alone.
Greenside Court is rated ‘Outstanding’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Greenside Court's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-110160877
To take a virtual tour of Greenside Court click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ16DytlgNU
About the Role:
Your role will involve supporting people with all aspects of their day-to-day living, which may include taking up new hobbies, meeting friends, getting involved in social activities, going to the gym or looking their best!
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Providing personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
To learn more about being a Health Care Assistant with Exemplar Health Care click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhTunNYaDrA
As a Care Assistant, you’ll provide person-centred care to support our service users to maximise their independence and live their best life.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work
- Most importantly you are motivated by helping every individual, whether colleague or service user, to realise their full potential and be treated with dignity and respect
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As a Care Assistant, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including the Care Certificate
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- ABC of Caring training programme
As a Health Care Assistant, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Senior Health Care Assistant
- Central Services role
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977630830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: email@example.com