Behaviour Support Practitioner
Location – You will be field based working in the Exemplar Geographical areas
Hours: Full Time
At Exemplar we care for people with a wide range of complex needs, including behaviour that challenges. Exemplar understands that in many ways, this behaviour can be addressed by meeting our Service Users needs effectively and the Behaviour Support Team has a key role to play.
The Behaviour Support Team consists of dedicated qualified and unqualified care colleagues tasked with supporting all our homes with the management of behaviour that challenges.
This will include developing, delivering and evaluating training programmes from both psychological and physical perspectives.
You will be more than a trainer, you will be supporting our homes with the formulation of behaviour support plans, reviewing behaviour records and working closely with colleagues to role model effective crisis management.
- At least two years experience working with service users that display behaviours that challenge
- Hold a minimum of Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care or other related subject
- Have experience in clinical practice of using physical intervention skills
- Be able to demonstrate teaching and training expertise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards complex service users who display behaviours that challenge
- Demonstrable understanding of Positive Behaviour Support models
- A demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation such as the mental capacity act, mental health act and human rights act
- Will possess excellent leadership and communication skills
- Will have the ability to reflect on experience
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of standard formats
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and will be a recognisable role model for staff and patients.
- Ability to undertake full physical training in relation to management of violence and aggression in order to deliver this training to groups of staff
- Car driver (hold full UK driving licence)
- A nationally recognised teaching qualification (For example, PTTLS)
- A qualification, or training in, delivering positive behaviour support or other models for supporting service users with behaviours that challenge
- Evidence of teaching physical skills to others for the management of violence and aggression
In return we can give you:
- The opportunity to lead and be involved in a wide variety of initiatives that will give you a fantastic range of experience and skills.
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 40p per mile travel allowances
- Continuous professional development
- Exemplar rewards – Including retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline and face to face counselling
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do, and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care