Care Home: Otterburn
Location: Birmingham (B14 6QX)
Contract type: Full time 40 hours available 1 x 40 hours or 2 x 20 hours
Shifts Available: office Hours
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Otterburn supports 30 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
The home has three ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel.
Otterburn is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Otterburn's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-168465808
To take a virtual tour of Otterburn click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Zx9YaUlaw
Typically, you’ll be involved in:
- Maintaining employee information in the time and attendance system
- Scanning and saving documents onto employee records
- Administration of pension letters for auto-enrolment
- Inputting change of details into the HR software
- Running report packs for home managers
- Maintaining the e-learning database for registered nurses
- Providing assistance with payroll processing
- Providing annual leave/sickness cover for the recruitment administration and payroll teams
- Dealing with basic queries on behalf of the departments
- Filing and other general office duties
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- To be able to work to a high level of accuracy
- To be able to work to tight deadlines
- To be able to handle a large volume of work
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous office experience, although not necessarily within a payroll or HR function
- To be flexible in your approach to work/tasks
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you then click apply! If you would like more information about the role then contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat.
Please note we only accept applications from U.K based applicants
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.