Position: Activities Team Worker Care Home: Scotia Heights Location: Stoke-on-Trent (ST6 4HA) Contract type: 40 Hours Per Week Rate/Salary: £10.19 Per Hour CQC Rating: Good (11-Jan-22)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Scotia Heights:
Scotia Heights supports 60 adults living with complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
The home has six ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel.
Scotia Heights is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Last year, the home’s Clinical Nurse Manager won ‘The Good Nurse Award’ at the Great British Care Awards.
As an Activities Team Worker, you’ll support our Service Users to take part in activities that are meaningful to them. Your role will focus on supporting people to maximise their independence, build their everyday living skills and live their best life, and lead the current Skills team to ensure this.
In the role, you’ll plan and deliver one-to-one and group activities, based on people’s unique needs and interests.
A big part of our care involves empowering people to be involved in their local community. As an Activities Team Worker, you could support people to take on new hobbies, to meet their friends, to go out for tea, to visit their regular hairdresser or to stay fit at the local gym – whatever they choose to do!
You’ll also arrange group activities and parties in the home to promote a sense of community.
Being an Activities Team Worker at Exemplar is extremely rewarding. You’ll see the difference you make each and every day, which provides great job satisfaction.
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential - You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction - Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care - Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users - A strong knowledge of the local community - Ideally we are looking for someone with a artistic flair, whether that be in music or any of the other arts
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As an Activities Team Worker at Scotia Heights, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including the Care Certificate - Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills - Bronze, silver and gold awards as part of our Life Skills Toolkit - Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships including the Trainee Nursing Associate programme - ABC of Caring training programme
As an Activities Team Worker, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Health Care Assistant - Central Services role e.g. training.
About Your Benefits*:
We know that happy colleagues make the best colleagues! Exemplar Health Care has a unique rewards and benefits package. So whilst you’re busy caring for our service users, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
Here are just a few of the ways we like to say thank you.
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers - Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service - Paid DBS check - Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes - fastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday - Blue Light Card access - Company Shop membership - Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
- Fun - Integrity - Responsive - Success - Teamwork
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod3@ExemplarHC.com
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts
- all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme
- all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
- after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check
- we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities
- there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.