Position: Activities Coordinator
Care Home: Eastlands
Location: Sutton-in-Ashfield (NG17 4BR)
Contract type: Permanent - full time hours available
Shifts Available: Flexible (Incl. weekends and evenings)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Eastlands supports 20 adults living with complex mental health needs, physical disabilities and dementia.
The home has two ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. One of the units is exclusively for those who identify as male and who have complex mental health needs.
In 2021, Eastlands welcomed a new Manager who has embedded a positive culture in the home. The home has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
To take a virtual tour of Eastlands click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkX1LXVz9eM
About the Role:
As an Activities Coordinator at Eastlands, you’ll support our Service Users to take part in activities that are meaningful to them. Your role will focus on supporting people to maximise their independence, build their everyday living skills and live their best life.
In the role, you’ll plan and deliver one-to-one and group activities, based on people’s unique needs and interests.
A big part of our care involves empowering people to be involved in their local community. As an Activities Coordinator, you could support people to take on new hobbies, to meet their friends, to go out for tea, to visit their regular hairdresser or to stay fit at the local gym – whatever they choose to do!
You’ll also arrange group activities and parties in the home to promote a sense of community.
Being an Activities Coordinator at Exemplar is extremely rewarding. You’ll see the difference you make each and every day, which provides great job satisfaction.
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction
- Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
- A strong knowledge of the local community
- Ideally we are looking for someone with a artistic flair, whether that be in music or any of the other arts
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As an Activities Coordinator at Eastlands, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including the Care Certificate
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- Bronze, silver and gold awards as part of our Life Skills Toolkit
- Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships including the Trainee Nursing Associate programme
- ABC of Caring training programme
As an Activities Coordinator, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Lead Activities Coordinator
- Health Care Assistant
- Nursing Associate
- Central Services role e.g. training.
About Your Benefits*:
We know that happy colleagues make the best colleagues! Exemplar Health Care has a unique rewards and benefits package. So whilst you’re busy caring for our service users, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
Here are just a few of the ways we like to say thank you.
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Paid DBS check
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- fastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod8@ExemplarHC.com