Position: Activities Coordinator
Care Home: Longley Park View
Location: Longley Lane, Sheffield, S5
Contract type: Permanent - full time hours available
Rate: £9.60 Per Hour
CQC Rating: Good
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues, mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
Longley Park View is a specialist care home in Sheffield, South Yorkshire for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. Longley Park View complex needs care home in Sheffield, South Yorkshire specialises in supporting adults with complex mental health needs, dementia and neuro-disabilities.
Working with families, professionals and most importantly our service users, we build care and activity plans around individuals. Encouraging service users to be happy and develop their skills is important. We want to ensure they are working towards their goals, and gain a sense of achievement.
Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is a fundamental part in helping our Service Users to feel respected, included and cared for. You will promote the core values of care, help maintain independence, dignity, assist with personal care and ensure the physical and emotional needs of our Service Users are met.
- Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
- Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
- Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
- Plan and organise monthly residents meetings
- Risk assess planned activites and venues with the Life Skills team
- Access appropriate transport
- Monitor and review Service Users participation
- Help to organise and plan fund raising events
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
- Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
- A strong knowledge of the local community
- Ideally we are looking for someone with a artist flair, whether that be in musics or any of the other arts.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including the Care Certificate
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- Bronze, silver and gold awards as part of our Life Skills Toolkit
- Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships including the Trainee Nursing Associate programme
- ABC of Caring training programme
As an Activities Coordinator, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Lead Activities Coordinator
- Health Care Assistant
- Central Services role e.g. training.
About Your Benefits*:
We know that happy colleagues make the best colleagues! Exemplar Health Care has a unique rewards and benefits package. So whilst you’re busy caring for our service users, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
Here are just a few of the ways we like to say thank you.
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Paid DBS check
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- fastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod8@ExemplarHC.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care