Care Home: Wheldale Heights
Location: Castleford (WF10)
Contract type: Full time, 40 hours per week
Rate: £9.60 per hour
This role will start on 13/02/2023
To view the job description, please click here: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/1030735227/
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Wheldale Heights:
Wheldale Heights is a specialist care service that supports people living with complex and high acuity needs. The home will have three units which specialise in supporting adults with complex mental health needs, neuro disabilities and physical disabilities.
About the Role:
As an Activities Coordinator, you’ll support our Service Users to take part in activities that are meaningful to them. Your role will focus on supporting people to maximise their independence, build their everyday living skills and live their best life.
In the role, you’ll plan and deliver one-to-one and group activities, based on people’s unique needs and interests.
A big part of our care involves empowering people to be involved in their local community. As an Activities Coordinator, you could support people to take on new hobbies, to meet their friends, to go out for tea, to visit their regular hairdresser or to stay fit at the local gym – whatever they choose to do!
You’ll also arrange group activities and parties in the home to promote a sense of community.
Being an Activities Coordinator at Exemplar is extremely rewarding. You’ll see the difference you make each and every day, which provides great job satisfaction.
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction
- Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
- A strong knowledge of the local community
- Ideally we are looking for someone with a artistic flair, whether that be in music or any of the other arts
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As an Activities Coordinator, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including the Care Certificate
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- Bronze, silver and gold awards as part of our Life Skills Toolkit
- Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships including the Trainee Nursing Associate programme
- ABC of Caring training programme
As an Activities Coordinator, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Lead Activities Coordinator
- Health Care Assistant
- Nursing Associate
- Central Services role e.g. training.
About Your Benefits*:
We know that happy colleagues make the best colleagues! Exemplar Health Care has a unique rewards and benefits package. So whilst you’re busy caring for our service users, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
Here are just a few of the ways we like to say thank you.
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Paid DBS check
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- fastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact our Simone Fox on 07375924443 for an informal chat or alternatively email: email@example.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care